Trusted by healthcare providers since 2000
years limited warranty
years average lifetime
years market experience
Despite its robust construction, the LSU is lightweight, portable and easy to operate – even when wearing gloves. It is splash proof and safe to use in combination with defibrillators. Easily disassemble and clean after use.
Improving patient outcomes
The LSU meets all regulatory demands and is trusted by healthcare providers in all corners of the world. You can ensure optimal functionality with the simple device test. Quickly select correct amount of suction with built in LED indicator.
- Easy to operate: One-hand-grip design, lightweight, and easy to assemble/disassemble.
- Visual support: Control panel with color-coding for children vacuum range area. LED display with indicators for suction, battery-level and more.
- Powerful and effective: LSU can reach a vacuum of 500 + mmHg and has a flow rate of >25 LPM, exceeding international standards.
- Canister options: Available as a reusable or semi-disposable option, providing easy conversions between the canister systems.
- Ready when needed: Battery runtime approx. 45 minutes (free flow). Charges automatically when connected to external power source, charges to 80 % after just 3 hours.
- Lasting value: Premium quality materials with 5 year limited warranty.
- One-hand-grip design
- 3 canister options:
Bemis Disposable Canister systems (USA only)
Serres Suction Bag Canister system
Laerdal Reusable Canister system
- Easy to convert between the canister systems
- Does not contain latex
- Big vacuum regulator dial
- Suction levels for tracheal suctioning and suctioning of children and infants marked in light blue
- LED display for use day or night
- TEST - Device Diagnostics program
- Approximate noise levels at 80 mmHg of 48 dBA and 500+ mmHg of 56 dBA (free air flow)
- No-tools-necessary field changeable battery
- Rechargeable Battery, NiMH, 12 VDC 2 Ah
- External Battery Charger
- 12V DC Power-cord for connection to vehicle connection
- Weight 4kg (8lbs 13 oz) including battery
- 5 year limited warranty (excluding the canisters, tubing systems and battery)
- Bemis High efficiency filter kit
- Bemis HEPA rated bacterial filter with filter efficiency of 99.97% down to 0.3μm
- Serres filter filters aerosols down to 0.4μm
- LSU Reusable aerosol filter filters aerosols down to 0.3μm
Operating/Charging Temperature 0° C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F)
Recommended Charging Temperature 15° C to 25 °C (59 °F to 77 °F)
Long term Storage Temperature 0° C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F)
Max. 24 hour Storage Temperature -30° C to 70 °C (-22 °F to 158 °F)
Minimum suction 80 mmHg (110 BAR)
Maximum suction 550 mmHg (733 BAR)
The LSU is available as a reusable or semi-disposable option, depending on your requirements. You may easily convert between the canister systems.
LSU with Reusable Canister system
In this suction system the canister and tubing are reusable.
LSU with Serres Suction Bag Canister system
The LSU with Serres canister and suction bag is a semi-disposable system.
LSU with Bemis Disposable Canister systems (US only)
Laerdal’s fully disposable suction unit uses disposable Bemis canister and disposable suction and vacuum tubes.
Laerdal offers all LSU owners servicing. Contact your local sales office for more information.
Regulatory Standards and Approvals
Europe: CE marked as class IIa device in accordance with Council Directive 93/42/EEC Medical Device Directive, as amended by Council Directive 2007/47/EC.
USA: Cleared under 510(k) as a class 2 device. Canada: Holds a class 2 medical device license.
Designed in compliance with EN 1789:2007 + A1:2010, Standard specification for medical vehicles and their equipment - Road ambulances.
Laerdal Medical is certified by DNV GL Presafe AS to ISO 13485:2016