Penguin Suction Device
Babies’ nasal passages can become blocked for many reasons including exposure to viruses or irritation from allergens. Clogged nasal passages can interfere with babies’ ability to feed, and in very young newborns, their ability to breathe.
Designed to clear babies’ airways, the Penguin is made of one piece of silicone making it easy to clean and durable, able to withstand hundreds of uses. The Penguin was developed to support basic newborn resuscitation courses like Helping Babies Breathe, aimed at improving newborn outcomes in developing countries.
- Squeeze the Penguin body and keep it squeezed
- Insert the nozzle into the baby’s nose or mouth
- Release the squeeze slowly to suction
- Extract the Penguin from the baby
- Squeeze out the contents of the Penguin body into the sink, water container, towel, or similar
- Repeat suction as necessary
- Open by bending the Penguin's neck
- Wash and scrub in soapy water
- Flush water through the Nozzle and Head
- Boil in water for minimum 10 minutes *
- Let the unit dry completely before storing
* The Penguin can also be disinfected by autoclaving or chemical disinfection.
CE marked- this product is in compliance with the essential requirements of Council Directive 93/42/EEC as amended by Council Directive 2007/47/EC.
- Suction strength: Depending on hand size and technique, peak suction achieved may be in the range of 50 - 150 mmHg (70-200 cm H2O). Typically 100 mm Hg [136 cm H2O].
- Material: Silicone
- Size: 13.3 x 5.22 x 4.95 cm
- Weight: 0.058 kg
- Fluid capacity: 75 ml
- Does not contain latex